Sunday, August 9, 2009

I Only Speak Two Languages, English and Bad English

I’m watching The Fifth Element, I’ve owned it on VHS for years but I saw it in the 2 for $10 bin at Wal-Mart and decided to buy it. I realized it was the first DVD I’ve bought since I moved into the apartment almost a year ago. That honestly shocked the shit out of me when I realized it. I own over 250 movies and used to buy them on a regular basis. So many aspects of myself changed when my last relationship ended. I feel like maybe I’m ready to get them back.



The main goal is to start writing again. It actually made me smile today when I started the opening for my novel in my head while I was at work. When I say “the novel,” it’s the one I was working on and then in a drunken stupor deleted all three copies of, it was around 200 something pages. I didn’t know if I could go back to that one but after much encouragement from friends who had read pieces of it, I think maybe I will. It’s a fantasy novel, set in modern times. I’ve tried to incorporate every fantasy creature I can think of, which is a lot. About twenty pages in and I had to already have a character sheet. I’m intending it to end up being a trilogy. I’m hoping to attract the Harry Potter fans that are adults now. I do the gore, horror, sex, foul language, and violence shit fairly well…gotta stick to what I’m good at. Then again, one of my writing prof's said I should do one of my drug culture stories as my first novel...meh, I don't want to end up the next James Frey. Even if A Million Little Pieces was pretty damn good.



“Sir are you classified as human?”

“Ummm negative I am a meat popsicle.”



My computer says that every time I turn it off.



So I decided to look up what Vin Diesel is doing and low and behold I see that he’s in development of a new Chronicles of Riddick movie, oh joy! Sorry, I love the Riddick movies, Pitch Black was simply badass, and while The Chronicles of Riddick didn’t get as good of a reception as Pitch Black I still found it badass. Even the animated movie The Chronicles of Riddick: Dark Fury is decent. The video games rock! If you haven’t played “Escape from Butcher Bay” I would recommend it. I haven’t played “Assault on Dark Athena” but I heard good things about it as well. I also saw that he is apparently directing the Hannibal movie. Now, I’ve heard the reason why he got the part in Saving Private Ryan was because Spielberg had seen him in a movie that he also wrote and directed called Multi-Facial. I’ve never seen it, but if it was good enough to cause Spielberg to give him a role, I wonder.



That also made me think of another film I really wish I could see…holy shit…never mind I’m watching it now. The Lobo Paramilitary Christmas Special the plot: the Easter Bunny hires Lobo to kill Santa Claus. I remember reading about this…and I’ve read the comic…the film was done by a AFI student Scott Leberecht. Fuck it, go watch it yourself…



I’ve lost track of where I was originally intending this blog to go…

No comments:

Post a Comment