Wednesday, June 2, 2010

A Nerd Conversation

Costume for the new Captain America movie....
That uh.. looks a little too "advanced" for 1942, dontcha think?

i.newsarama.com
6 hours ago *Comment * Like * Share
Random Dude:
He's going to walk into modern day iron man's group :/ he better not be 70 years behind in clothing, not to mention tech
6 hours ago
SoylentGreen:
LOL. But the idea is that the Cap movie takes place in ww2 and the Avengers movie is now. He's supposed to have a "modern" costume for the Avengers movie. But uh... that looks pretty modern...
6 hours ago
DeistBrawler:
You would post this while I was looking at it wouldn't you.
6 hours ago ·
NINJA:
Did they say specifically that that's his costume for the WWII movie? That's kinda.....well..."advanced". lol
5 hours ago
DeistBrawler: Advanced...what do you think he is?
5 hours ago ·
Random Dude #2: Yay for Marvel jumping the shark again... still gonna see it though... You're still an asshole SoylentGreen... don't think this changes anything... top of my list and all that!
4 hours ago
Random Dude #2: On another note... you wanna get outta here and come back to my place for some coffee?
4 hours ago
NINJA: yeah, he's advance, but you look at the comic book and he was still dressed like a WWII Soldier pretty much. Apparently they're freezing him at the end of the Captain America, and finding him in the ice in Avengers. Which I think is the perfect way to do it.

And the fact that Sir Anthony Hopkins is going to be Odin is fuckin awesome!
4 hours ago
Random Dude #2:... look man if you wanna come back to my place for coffee and "just friends spooning" too all you have to do is ask.
4 hours ago
NINJA: Who are you asking?
4 hours ago
SoylentGreen:
Is it too late for this coffee thing?
4 hours ago
Random Dude #2: SoylentGreen was who I originally asked... but I mean you seemed so eager to join in. So I propose the invite to you too...
4 hours ago
Random Dude #2: No SoylentGreen... it is never to late for coffee... we will meet in the secret spot. Just like last time...
4 hours ago
NINJA: Oh well thanks...lol
4 hours ago
Random Dude #2: mmmmm coffee...
4 hours ago
Random Dude #2: Shit gotta go to work... see ya guys... coffee is now officially off the table...
4 hours ago
NINJA:
Boooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!
4 hours ago
SoylentGreen:
I see. I see what you did there.
Yeah Anthony Hopkins as Odin is awesome. Tommy Lee Jones in Captain America.
I don't think that Cap will jump the shark. The costume is confusing because yeah, thats a good point... it could very well be for the Avengers movie. But as its too modern for world war 2, its too world war 2 for modern.
4 hours ago
NINJA: Indeed. What part is Tommy Lee Jones in Capt?
4 hours ago
SoylentGreen:
I'm not sure. But I think it's safe to say "some military dude".
Also, Sam Jackson.
4 hours ago
NINJA: lol. Fair enough. And yeah, you HAVE to have Nick Fury man
4 hours ago
SoylentGreen:
So glad we agree.
4 hours ago
DeistBrawler: Don't forget Hugo Weaving as the Red Skull.
4 hours ago ·
SoylentGreen:
Oh. Shit. I thought that was a dream!!!
4 hours ago
NINJA: Seriously?! Awesome
4 hours ago
DeistBrawler: By the way. If they really want to go WWII he should just be in a regular soldiers uniform. Don't you remember the 1990 Captain America movie? The Red Skull practically states that in Red, White, and Blue Cap is basically a walking target. Its not exactly what one would call camouflage. The Germans would look up and be like "Shit, shoot the colorful dude! Shoot him!"

Also, the guy they got to play Bucky isn't a bad actor either. Although I hope he got in some serious shape considering Bucky was supposed to be the best athletic soldier, thus the only one who was capable of being Caps sidekick.
3 hours ago ·
SoylentGreen:
I loved the retcon for why Cap would wear something so gaudy back then in a battle field. That, since he was so one-of-a-kind and still intended on re-creating the serum, they didn't really want to put him in the battle field, but they needed to show him off so they made him kind of a U.S.O. thing with a fake back story originally. And then, somehow, he ended up in Normandy....... I'm sure there is a story for that
3 hours ago
That Girl: SoylentGreen your a nerd and its a movie....I mean Bumble Bee wasn't a kick ass camero in the 80's ...but hes better than the POS VW Bug he was..change is good!
2 hours ago
DeistBrawler: ^^ Does she realize she just posted that for a group of comic book and movie nerds to see?
2 hours ago ·
SoylentGreen: "That Girl's"
that stupid. If you were watching a movie about Elizabethan England and someone's carriage looked spot on as a land rover, you might, I'm assuming, raise an eye brow, correct?
But. Oh. It has something to do with a comic book. You win. Nerd. yeesh.
2 hours ago
DeistBrawler: By the way, rumor has it that Tommy Lee Jones is playing Gen. Chester Phillips.
2 hours ago ·
SoylentGreen:
I don't... I have no idea who that is.....
2 hours ago
DeistBrawler: The general who convinced Cap to join the project.
2 hours ago ·
SoylentGreen:
He had a damn name??
2 hours ago
SoylentGreen:
Then again, I guess every character deserves a name....
about an hour ago
DeistBrawler:
http://marvel.wikia.com/Chester_Phillips_(Earth-616)

It might not link the whole thing so you have to copy and paste.
about an hour ago ·
SoylentGreen:
Well...that role seems pretty perfect for him. It's like men in black all over again.
Actually, now that I think of it, there was a looonnnngg period where they were talking about will smith playing captain america
about an hour ago
DeistBrawler: And Jones is doing another MIB.
about an hour ago ·
That Girl: @deist ..yes I do, my point is all adaptations are going to be modernized....I know Capt. America is a comic book. duh! As was Batman , Hulk, X-men ECT...all were changed to appeal to modern day audience.
about an hour ago
DeistBrawler:
Batman is a comic book? I call bullshit. That motherfucker totally exists.
about an hour ago ·
SoylentGreen:
lol. But "that girl", while modernizing will obviously take place, the movie in question takes place during world war 2, so the costume seems a little too futuristic. It's not really much of a complaint, it's just interesting that they're going in that direction.
about an hour ago
That Girl: true that SoylentGreen .... P. S .last I checked they had batman comic books at Publix??!!
about an hour ago
DeistBrawler: Pffffffft. I think you're full of shit.
about an hour ago ·
That Girl: Also Deist what you saw was not Batman is was Nick Cage in "Kick Ass"
about an hour ago
SoylentGreen:
Okay. Batman is real. Case closed.
38 minutes ago
Random Guy #2: I am the goddamn Batman and I will call my car whatever I goddamn wanna call it!
6 minutes ago
Random Guy# 2: By the way Steph, the pc term for what we are is geek. I do not carry a pocket protector or talk like thishhhhh...
49 minutes ago
SUNNY D: doesn't mind the costume but really,REALLY hates the casting of Chris Evans as Captain America.
16 minutes ago
SoylentGreen: I was uneasy about it at first.. But really what's the big deal?
12 minutes ago
DeistBrawler: I was upset with it too. Then I saw The Losers and realized he actually might be able to pull it off.
12 minutes ago ·
SoylentGreen: jesus. he's in the losers, too?
2 minutes ago
SUNNY D: still thinks they should be using the Hasslehoff version of Nick Fury. He was the bomb yo!
15 seconds ago
DeistBrawler: *headdesk*
2 seconds ago ·

2 comments:

  1. As a fan of the Civil War series, I guess they won't be making a movie based on that? Because I would totally expect both Johnny Storm and Captain American to be in it..;_;.

    It's just odd, him playing two Marvel characters. I feel such a....conflict of interest. (Also, is that seriously supposed to be his WWII outfit? Maybe it's just one of those false rumors everyone blows out of proportion?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've already given up hope on Marvel (Disney) doing anything other than raping all my childhood memories for money.

    ReplyDelete