Wednesday, July 28, 2010

A Battle Of The Slave Leia's

In the pinnacle of nerdom there is one movie that stands out above all others…Star Wars. Sure, you have the occasional person that has A) Never seen the movies and B) Doesn’t like them, but come on, those people are weird. By weird I mean abnormal. By abnormal I mean there is something seriously wrong with them. Its ok though, we can forgive them, so long as they are attractive. Now with this greatness of nerdom there is possibly the most fantastic outfit ever to grace the screen…the Slave Leia outfit. You can go to any Comic Con/Dragon Con/”insert any other nerd festival here…hell…even Renaissance Festival” and you will see some lass wearing the Slave Leia costume. Some of them can pull it off, some of them can’t. But god bless you for trying ladies. Slave Leias have provided nerd masturbation fodder for years. Well I decided to do a search for celebrities portrayed in the Slave Leia outfit. I’ve searched for hours and only came across a few (feel free to tell me others in the comments and I’ll be happy to add them).

(A random hot Leia for you)

As a basis we shall begin with the original Leia herself…Carrie Fisher. Now some may argue that there are none who can compete with Fisher, seeing as how she was the original, but I disagree.


Kristen Bell. The Veronica Mars star has basically kept a career of TV shows but occasionally steps into the movie business (such as Forgetting Sarah Marshall). However, proper nerds will also know that she appears in Fanboys.


Up next we have Adrianne Curry. I suppose she’s most known for appearing as herself, especially when she was on the show America’s Next Top Model. Although it appears she has also tried a hand in film and television. Also…it appears she’s a big nerd. She’s even dressed up as Wonder Woman.


One of my favorites would have to be Olivia Munn. Most known among the geek world for her role on Attack of the Show, she has also been in a few films (Date Night, Iron Man 2), and recently got herself a gig on The Daily Show.


Now there’s Yvonne Strahovski. Yvonne is one of the stars on the TV show Chuck…which also has a huge nerd following. It doesn’t hurt that she’s been in her underwear a lot during the course of the show.


Believe it or not it actually took me awhile to find this picture (although now it seems to be in every search) of Melissa Joan Hart as a Slave Leia. Surely you know who Hart is. Fuck if she’s done anything else, we should know her from Clarissa Explains it All and Sabrina the Teenage Witch.


I know she doesn’t count but if you’ve seen Black Snake Moan with Christina Ricci its hard not to tell that the concept was borrowed from Slave Leia. At least…I like to think so.


So there you have it. If you can think of anymore, like I said, feel free to share with me. I’ll leave you with another random, hot, Comic/Dragon/blahcon nerd...or three.

No comments:

Post a Comment